SALES MANAGER – NELSON BREWING COMPANY
Hey, we are Nelson Brewing Company. We are family-owned, a little quirky, and don’t take ourselves too seriously. But we take care of each other, work hard, and have fun. We are also on a mission to get great beer into the hands of more people.
Enter you, our new sales manager— who will take Nelson Brewing to a new level, positioning us as a leader in Western Canada’s craft brewing industry.
How will we get to such an audacious goal?
You’ll play a major role in the following ways:
- Developing a sales growth strategy that uses data analytics, creativity, and innovation to achieve results
- Building and nurturing genuine relationships across the region to expand NBC’s brand awareness
- Cultivating a sales team who is just as enthusiastic about beer as you are to expand our reach
- Collaborating on new product developments and winning rollouts
Liking the sound of this challenge so far? Keep going, we think you’ll have a blend of the following:
- Connections within the beverage industry and a strong understanding of craft beer
- 2-3 years of sales management experience
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and/or marketing roles where you established a track record of increasing sales
- 1-3 years people management experience
- Working ability to assess and make decisions on retail/sales trends using analytical tools
- Oh, and a relentless passion for craft beer
If this role is right for you, we think you’ll love working with a brewery team full of adventurous, good-natured, creative teammates.
Our team vibe is:
- Collaborative and approachable: we’re pretty friendly, warm, and fun. We like to consider credible opinions and perspectives to form decisions.
- Hardworking: we are action-orientated, committed to excellence, and are bent on supporting others (even when it’s not in our job description)
- Lighthearted and upbeat: we get along with every beer personality – from nerd to novice
- Sound like a role you’d like to see yourself in?
Here are a few more details:
- We are based in Nelson, BC (surprise!) but the role can also be based out of anywhere in the Okanagan or Metro Vancouver
- Some B.C. and Alberta travel will be involved
- We believe in valuing and rewarding our employees according to fair market value. Starting base salary range is $66,460-$83,080. We also offer an incentive plan and are committed to your growth and development by having regular compensation and career conversations.
- In addition, you will be provided with your own vehicle (because your driver’s license is in good standing, right?) and other perks like a cell phone allowance, health spending account, flexible work hours, generous vacation, support for your professional development, a monthly product allowance and more.
Do you have additional ideas, thoughts and opinions that you think will support our goal? We are listening. Apply here and then, let’s talk, over your favourite beer.